Target industries in Limestone County.
Our highly educated workforce and ever-growing pipeline paired with attractive business incentives fuel growth in various sectors including aerospace, advanced manufacturing, automotive, biotechnology and robotics.
Home to Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA, Inc., Limestone County, Alabama is attracting a growing automotive supplier network serving OEMs all over Alabama and the region.
- 14+ automotive suppliers are located in Limestone County.
- Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA (MTMUS) announced their $1.6 billion partnership in Huntsville/Limestone County. The facility opened in 2021.
The North Alabama region is home to one of the highest population of engineers per capita, offering businesses no shortage of highly skilled workers. Free workforce development programs regarding emerging trends and technology in the manufacturing industry are also offered in Limestone County.
- Calhoun Community College, located in Limestone County, ranks #1 in the US out of all colleges, universities, and trade schools in awarding degrees in Advanced Manufacturing, according to Economic Modeling Specialist International (EMSI)
- Early technical education courses are offered through Limestone County Career Tech and other secondary school programs.
As a neighbor to Redstone Arsenal, NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center and Cummings Research Park, Limestone County is an ideal location for new and expanding aerospace and defense companies.
- Alabama ranks 3rd in the USA for employment of Aerospace Engineers.
- Limestone County is located within close proximity to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center and Redstone Arsenal.
Aerospace industry sectors in our region include:
- Aircraft Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO)
- Aircraft Parts Manufacturing & MRO
- Guided Missile & Space Vehicle & Parts Manufacturing
- Information Technology Services
- General Manufacturing
- Engineering & R&D Services
Limestone County is in the middle of a booming biotech ecosystem across North Alabama. Over 90 biotechnology-related companies are located in Alabama, including 12 in North Alabama. The region boasts multiple associations, technology incubators and investment firms that are strongly committed to growing the biotechnology industry in North Alabama. Limestone County’s close proximity to various STEM-focused post-secondary institutions as well as HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, a nationally recognized biotechnology research center, provides unmatched opportunity for biotech companies looking to relocate or launch.
- 12+ biotechnology-related companies are located in North Alabama.
- Life sciences and biotechnology in Alabama generate more than $7 billion in economic activity.